Monday, April 9, 2012

Hair Photo A Day? Count me in!

I thought this would be fun. I started the #photoaday in February, didn't do so well. 
In March, I did much better but still missed a few days here and there.
Now I've set a goal for April. I even placed a challenge with a friend who would be the first to miss a day. So far its day 9 and I haven't missed one yet! Here's the official calendar. 
Join in with me! Follow me on Instagram HERE or by user name @_laurahernandez.

This month, besides the random "photo a day" calendar, Fat Mum Slim has also come up with #hairphotoaday. This is what she has to say:

Here's something to make you feel warm & fuzzy: Next month, on April 27th,Pantene and Seventeen are coming together to host the first-ever National Donate Your Hair Day, which will benefit the Pantene Beautiful Lengths program. They'll be encouraging people to cut and donate their hair so that they can create free, real-hair wigs for women who have lost their hair due to cancer treatment.

The Pantene Beautiful Lengths program was created in 2006 and since then they've received more than 311,000 donations from men, women and children and have been able to create thousands of wigs for female cancer patients. Pretty good stuff, right?

So, last month Pantene in New York approached me about the photo a day lists I've been creating and asked if I'd like to create a Hair Photo a Day list for people to follow in the lead up to National Donate Your Hair Day. I said yes, of course. Then together with the talented Christina from Hair Romance we created the list. Here it is:

Starting on March 29th worldwide, Pantene would love for you to take a photo using the daily prompt as inspiration and share on whichever platform you like {Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, your blog, Tumblr, Pinterest etc} and use the hashtag #HairPhotoaday. This is a little different to the photo a day lists that I've created in that the date of the month won't coincide with the list number. You'll just start taking photos and follow the list.

Isn't this a cool idea!?

Comment below if your currently or you're just starting to play. 
Follow me then include your Instagram user name so I can follow along. 


6 comments:

  1. I not sure I could accomplish the hair list, so I'm sticking with the Regular April board. Hope you will join me on Saturdays for our weekly link up:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I could stick to either list, but good luck! I'm following you on instagram now, follow me back? @linda_anne

    Linda
    http://lasteve1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Can't wait to see your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Admirable goal setting for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see your pics! I'm following you on instagram now :D

    Witha @ withapinkie.blogspot.com
    @witha on instagram

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these! I'm a little late for this month, but I'll hop on next month's train for sure! Thanks! -Jessica@GreenPB&Js

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...